Friday 20 July 2007

Day 1 - Amsterdam July 18

After an over night (8 hour) flight to Amsterdam we arrive at our hotel around 11:30 am. I emailed earlier asking to get into our room early, so we are able to get right in and nap for a few hours. It could just be that we are exhausted, but this is one of the most heavenly beds EVER!

We head out around 5:00 for something to eat and drink. We find a terrace for eating, drinking and people watching. I am surprised by the canals. I thought they would be bigger and more frequent. They certainly dominate the city, but I had a different impression of them.

Next we find ourselves in the Red Light District - again my expectations are not met. It is obvious where we are, but not as obvious as I expected.

After finding another terrace for a pizza and a wine we visit an Irish pub and head for home.

No comments: