Saturday 9 April 2011

Bangkok Day 4 - April 9

on the grounds of the Shangrila
Today was another day of relaxing – mostly by the pool. One thing that wasn’t so relaxing was realizing that I wasn’t in the shower alone! I was in there was a tiny little lizard! I lost my mind a bit when I first saw it, but I think it was more scared than I was – it stuck around for a while and then scampered off.

Today was as stick and hot as the last couple, but very over cast. This turned into a huge storm in the late evening. We were having dinner outside just as it started. It was that typical rain that I have mostly only heard about occurring in the tropics. Torrentially coming down, but still very warm. Standing on the balcony watching it – I was still quite warm.
 
look chup
I tried look (or lok) chup today. This is a Thai dessert or sweet made from beans – nothing I will every try again! Cool to look at, but not at all to my taste. I have also been eating a ton of passion fruit. I’m pretty sure I’ve never tasted them before and I am in love! To me they have a very sweet orange taste.

This is our last night in the hotel – tomorrow we board the ship for the next 45 days.

dancers at dinner

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That lizard story cracked me up:)
Lori

lisa said...

funny when you're a million miles away maybe!

Anonymous said...

HAHA - very true! Lori

Anonymous said...

Maybe the lizard was part of the "Buffet" selection

Dave B