Saturday 27 May 2006

What time is it in California?

It takes about 5 seconds to realize how much I appreciate the Euro. For the next 10 days we will have to use 4 different currencies and Romania (we have discovered) actually has an old and new one!

The streets of Bucharest are somewhat crowded, with plenty of traffic, tons of exchange places (which we avoided), men using hankies (even though eastern Europe has heard of Kleenex) and smokers. It seems to me that there are many more smokers here than there were in western Europe (there were more tourists though.)

The recent comment about greasy burgers made us head straight for McDonald's - ummmmmm, McDonald's.

Chris thinks I'm crazy to be aprehensive of Bucharest and maybe I am, but...I'm not yet too comfortable walking here without a general destination.

We had a tour briefing tonight where our welcome drink was NOT champagne - BTW. Many questions were asked, the wildest being: 'What time is it in California?'. Why on earth would someone living in Romania know or care about the time in California?????

I absolutely love technology...I was able to use this Blackberry to register for my courses for the fall - no need for an internet cafe. Fabulous! Another note on the subject of technology, we have a TV speaker in our bathroom. I for one don't think anyone should spend that much time in the loo.

No comments: