Monday 23 July 2012

at sea - July 24

Today we are sailing the Ionian Sea, on our way to Crete.  Unfortunately because we are heading east, we had to turn our clocks back last night.  I wake up to what should be 8:15, but is actually 9:15.  Not the end of the world, but I vowed yesterday to get an earlier start today.  The sea is smooth as glass in the morning, but by dinner time it’s a bit rough – not that we have ever experienced all that rough.

We manage to blow our second breaker of this trip!  This time the breaker is no where to be found so we have to call a maintenance guy – seems like it something to do with our power bar.  The maintenance guy seems to think the power bar should be just fine, but when he tries it we blow again – guess we won’t try that again.
I’ve included a few shots of our room here - tad more lux than our Barcelona hotel, but I think I like the shot of Chris in the pink bed a bit better.  We can’t help but compare it to the rooms we have been on with the last cruise line.  This room is slightly smaller – although the deck is MUCH bigger, but as I said earlier our deck size is very rare.  The biggest difference we notice is the lack of a walk-in-closet – how’s that for my biggest problem??  Otherwise the room itself is about 40 square feet smaller – this one 280 and the last ones 320.
My second biggest problem is that I CANNOT get pop-corn from room service!!!  I mean really??

4 comments:

Lori said...

Amazing deck!! Enjoying all the posts so far:)
Lori

Anonymous said...

Yes I like the deck it's deep .... Nice spot to chillax....

Dave

Stacey said...

you do sound a little bit like a princess here....lol. Looks heavenly despite the lack of closet space.

Stacey said...

you do sound a little bit like a princess here....lol. Looks heavenly despite the lack of closet space.