Wednesday 18 July 2012

Barcelona, July 18

Sagrada Familia
Sagrada Familia 
Today is the Sagrada Familia (church of the holy family) – a church designed by the Spanish architect Antonio Gaudi.  WOW, is all I can say.  This place is breath-taking.  It is huge – size for 1000 choir members and 9000 worshipers.  My words will really do nothing to describe the wonder of this place.  Aside from its size it is a  beauty – I have seen nothing that compares to it in terms of style.  I’ve been in big churches, but none in the style that is Gaudi.  This pics we were able to take aren't great in terms of the size of the church.
Sagrada Familia

It is a crazy hot day – not sure how hot, but I am never in need of a WC.  We get to the church via the hop-on-hop-off bus.  After our visit we head to Camp Nou which is Barcelona`s football team stadium.  For me, it’s nothing great…but for the soccer fan (not even Chris really) it seems to be something like Mecca.

Parc Guell
Barcelona Football press-conf room
Next we are off again on the ho-ho bus around the city and end at the sea.  We have a couple of drinks and a bite to eat before calling it a day.

No comments: