Sunday 29 July 2012

Haifa, Israel - July 29



Bahá'í gardens
33 degrees and humid

We are taking another relaxing day mostly on the ship. 
more Bahá'í gardens
One thing we do visit is the Hanging Gardens of Haifa.  These are garden terraces around the Shrine of the Báb on Mount Carmel.  These gardens are maintained by the people of the Bahá'í Faith.  These gardens are STUNNING.  I have NEVER seen anything like them.  They are immaculately manicured.  The grass is so perfectly trimmed it doesn’t seem real.  My mind is blown.  I couldn’t stop saying: ”I haven’t seen anything like this.”  It was truly amazing.  The pictures of what look like stairs show only half of the gardens.  They are double the height of what can be seen.


Haifa skyline
We hoped for a bit more happening town.  We saw the gardens walked around a bit and ended up back on the ship within a couple of hours.  Not of course before enduring the scrutiny of the Israeli security.  I shouldn’t really say ‘enduring’ because it is very calm, polite and respectful.  Most of all it’s expected…I expect my things to be searched, to go through a metal detector and to be questioned.  It’s interesting that from just the weight of my bag they can tell I don’t have anything to be concerned about.

No comments: