Tuesday 13 August 2013

New York City, Aug 12



Guggenheim Museum
I've eaten waaaay too many hotdogs
Central Park

Empire State Building
Partly Cloudy and 27 degrees

We are up even earlier today – I think we are getting back on track. Last night’s sleeping environment was something else – garbage trucks backing up, sirens, honking etc, etc., we’re not sleeping in the middle of the ocean any more! Nonetheless we got a ton of sleep – I think the beds in this hotel are all about extremes last the first night we slept in the world’s tiniest bed and last night I’m certain the bed was the biggest I've slept in.

Our plans for the day were thwarted a bit once the rain hit. We were on our way downtown with pretty much all outdoor activities in mind – nope. It wasn't a lot of rain, but we jumped on the subway and headed for the Guggenheim Museum art museum. As it turned out the rain didn't amount to much, and we had planned to visit this trip at some point anyway. This is a very manageable place that we get through in a couple of hours. Our visit uptown also checked off walking through Central Park from our to do list.


Yankees
Although not exactly a ‘street’ hot-dog we got a hot-dog from Papaya King – I am WAY over my hot dog quotient this trip, I think this is my third!

And then came walking. The rain was long gone and the skys were clearing and we walked and walked. Then we stopped for a glass of wine and some calamari before doing a bit of shopping.
 
The Yankees were in town so after another subway ride we were in the Bronx at Yankee Stadium - time for another 12.00 beer.






No comments: