Friday 15 January 2016

Singapore January 15

waiting out the storm
hot, humid and a few torrential downpours


We are up way before the alarm again this morning…if this is jet lag, I quite like it. I’m not tired in the day, can take a very solid nap, sleep at night is easy and I’m up before any alarm. One thing I’m not up before are the monkeys…wow are they loud around 4 in the morning, I still haven’t seen any, but they make themselves heard that is for sure.

The day started out quite cloudy and stayed that way. It was mostly very calm today which added to the stickiness.
view from our room

Yesterday I forgot to write about the late afternoon storm we had. It was torrential. All day it looked like it could storm and it sure did. As soon as Chris opened our balcony door it sounded like the storm was going to come right into our room. For the most part the rain came straight down so we could be out on the balcony without getting wet which I loved and it was still super warm.
pool friend
We spent most of the day lounging by the pool. We are definitely the outsiders at this hotel. We knew it held a huge appeal for families, but I had no idea we would be one of what seems to be a handful of people without children in tow. The hotel does a good job of keeping a ‘quiet’ area for adults only. I don’t need silence, but I appreciate the lack of splashing and noise at a distance. There’s also no lack of lounge chairs here. Although I have no idea how full the resort is, there are plenty of chairs to be found.


We found out yesterday that our planned tour in Korea to the Demilitarized Zone has been cancelled due to a ‘military event’ taking place that day. Who knows what that really means, but I’m disappointed to say the least. This was one tour that I was particularly looking forward to. While I’m disappointed, I’m not the least bit surprised. It seems like tours being cancelled, even ports being cancelled for one reason of another is to be expected from cruises. Our decision to book the DMZ tour meant that we wouldn’t be seeing much of Seoul so now that is what we plan to do. The DMZ is also a malaria area which we weren’t planning on malaria pills for. We are there in the winter, so we figured long pants, and bug spray would be fine…now we don’t even have to worry about that.

No comments: