Wednesday 19 July 2017

July 18 - Barcelona, Spain

soufflé for dessert - very delicious!

July 18 - Barcelona, Spain
28 degrees, clear, not too humid


I was pleasantly surprised that I got the amount of sleep I actually did. Of course when I went to sleep I was dead tired…I don’t even remember lying down, but when I woke up around 3AM I thought that was the end of sleep…luckily I went back to sleep and didn’t wake up again until 8:15.
We decided to relax in our room until check-out and getting to the boat. Our room had a fair-sized balcony and the morning was sunny, but not too hot. We could even see our boat from our balcony!
We decided again this year to use a portable wifi device. I arranged to have this delivered to our hotel in Barcelona. It arrived about 5 days before we did and it was delivered to my name and the reservation was made under Chris’, so I was a bit concerned if it would still be here when we arrived…sure enough…it was and it is working just as well as last year. We have wifi in all of the hotels and on the ship (not great speed), so this wifi device was certainly not necessary, but so worth it. Anywhere we are we have wifi for all of our devices.

Getting to the boat was relatively painless. We suspected that the boat was in a different location from where we were told it was, but the original location was close to our hotel, so we decided to walk. Sure enough, we were right and had to get a cab for a 5 minute ride to the new location. After a short check in we were sitting next to the pool with a champagne in hand!
The rest of the day was spent unpacking, attending a lifeboat drill, a few drinks and dinner. The boat has been given a face lift since the last time we were on, but is pretty much the same.


No comments: