Sunday 20 July 2014

Dubrovnik, Croatia - July 20


So, I said that I was stronger than let lag, but I may have been wrong. To me jet lag says “feel free to sleep any time you want regardless of whether you are in fact tired.” That being said…we work up at our 6, decided to watch the sunrise on our balcony with coffee, and went back to sleep until about 12!!

bar outside the city walls

cooling my feet

view of our wine and yachets

snack of local Croatian foods
We didn’t dock until around 2:00 with our tour starting at 2:15. We started with a walking tour of Dubrovnik’s old city. Because we’ve been here before we decided to forego the walking tour in search of a bar on the outside of the old city walls. It is HOT and HUMID, but once we find the bar and get a drink we are comfortable.

After a 2 min photo stop on the coast road we arrive at the Old Mill Ljuta, which is a working mill. The mill is in a picturesque location of creeks and flowing water. We have a snack of local dried meet, cheese, bread and wine next to a small waterfall – I am in love! After our snack we stroll the grounds visiting more of the grounds flowing waters. At one point I see a rat (yes, a rat!) nibbling at Chris’ feet. He escaped unscathed. Because we were still hot and sweaty, I decided to cool my feet in the flowing water of the creek – I was very cold, but I wasn’t complaining.


Lastly, we visited Cavtat, which is a seaside resort on the way back to Dubrovnik. We have about 30mmin during which we are able to put back a bottle of wine while looking at HUGE yachts. We’ve been to Monte Carol and Tropez which are filled with huge yachts, but this is something else!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow bigger yachts then in Monte Carlos that is something! El Nido would have looked tiny hehe

klee said...

Looks like a lovely holiday so far! I showed Seth your blog and he says that he wants to come along next time. I told him that he should ask you guys. HA!