Saturday 8 August 2015

August 8 - Bordeaux to Bristol, UK

I don't really get towel art
Pascal - he fed us for the past week
Rain and cool in Bordeaux, clear, sunny and 21 degrees when we arrive in Bristol.

Regret is not how I feel getting off of the boat today - no end of vacation sadness I often feel when heading home from Mexico or some other shorter vacation. I’m not happy to be leaving, but I’m ready for the next leg of this journey. Although it’s been a great 7 days on the boat it’s also been very busy - I’m ready to hang out in a pub for a while.

small but efficient
Our plan was to spend the morning before our flight with perhaps a stroll in town or sitting on the boat’s sun deck, but there is NO sun this morning. We hung out in the boat’s lounge instead. The weather forecast seems like it’ll be better in England than it is here today at least. I’m hoping Chris will soften a bit more to the idea of spending more time in the UK…I don’t love the rain, but like the cool gloominess and accompanying lushness compared to blazing hotness.

good sized bed - called it a double, but it is K sized
I realized when doing using the en-suite laundry facilities (the sink) last night that I could get by with 2 outfits. As long as the fabric is thin enough things dry overnight. I don’t get sick of clothes and would be happy having less to deal with. I also feel a sense of satisfaction when all of my clothes are clean. Chris figures he couldn’t possibly be seen with someone who only has 2 changes of clothes being the fashion plate that he is!!

I tried to get some boat shots to remember where we’d spent a week of our lives.

Getting to Bristol was an adventure in itself. We flew with Easyjet, one of the UK's discount airlines. The check-in, security and bag drop off was in what seemed like an old hanger. It worked, but was interesting. Although to us there seem to be little rhyme not reason, it all works and soon we were in the air. 
"say cheese!"

Getting to the hotel was entirely more difficult. There is a hot-aiir baloon festival in town coupled with the fact that there is only one taxi company that either is allowed to go to the airport or who chooses to go to the airport it too us forever. In fact, it took us longer to get a taxi and get to the hotel than it did to fly from Bordeaux to Bristol.

Anyway...we are here and settled in. 
biggest TV we've ever had on a boat

at least we can have a beer on the curb while waiting foe a taxi



4 comments:

Leona squance said...

Love reading your blog. Your outfits are tops.

Leona squance said...

Meant to say your outfits are great.

lisa said...

I wasn't sure, but figured that's what you meant - :)

Heather said...

Okay so really you only packed two outfits? :-) looks like it was a fun week on the boat