Thursday 6 February 2020

Cruising The Pacific Ocean en route to Nuku Hiva, Marquesas Islands – February 6


southern hemisphere sangria!
Clear, super windy, 27 degrees

yes, please!

I Got You Babe should have been the theme song of the day…ala Groundhog Day. Today played out in a very similar way to the past 3 days…fine with me. We walked (pool deck again due to the wind), had a couple of juices, sat by the pool for the rest of the morning, listened to ‘cool by the pool’ duo while sipping a sangria, lunch, more pool sitting and then a nap…not a bad day.


We attended a predinner show for repeat Regent guests. These events are typically held once each cruise segment. Today’s event was PACKED. I suppose it doesn’t take much to accumulate a lot of ‘nights sailed’ when half of the ship is filled with world cruisers. The event today was in the ship’s theatre – we’ve never seen it fuller. We’ve attended similar events in the past in a lounge or smaller venue for about 30 people.


This event was put on by the ship’s enrichment lecturer…about the Mutiny of the
I eventually had to say 'when'
Bounty which took place partly in Tahiti.





The food onboard is very good. Now that we are back to being able to serve ourselves at the buffet, I’m happy. We typically have buffet for breakfast and lunch and are served for dinner. Breakfast and lunch could be served, but we like to use these meals to get in some fruit/veg and served meals tend to be
I'm beat!
light on the fresh stuff.  I realize that I’ve found some favourite things to eat onboard. It has happened on more than one occasion that I order something and when it comes, I say, “I’ve had this before” ... this is a good thing…it was good before and is good again!



After dinner we watched the show put on by the cruise director and his wife. They are singers and were quite good. A lot of their selections weren’t our favourites, but it was entertaining.


My Fitbit is telling me I’m a stair climbing rock-star! It seems to be recording a flight of stairs each time the boat rises with a wave…I love it! Today was 51 flights…one day last week I climbed 94!

No comments: