Wednesday 5 February 2020

Cruising The Pacific Ocean en route to Nuku Hiva (Marquesas Islands) or is it Newfoundland?? – February 5


cocktails anyone??
Clear, windy, 26 degrees

It was so windy this morning that the top deck where we like to walk in the morning was closed. We decided to just walk around the pool deck. That was fine…got in the same number of steps.

This evening we crossed the equator, we had appetizers in one hemisphere and our main course in another!! There was a ‘ceremony’ for first time crossers. Someone dressed up as King Neptune and a bunch of mermaids and mer-men. They read decrees and pronounced everyone now as ‘shellbacks’ – those who have crossed the equator. It was fun, they had a band, passed out tropical drinks and some
Aperol spritz...good light pool drink
who were brave ‘kissed the fish’ – part of the ceremony.


I am thrilled to say we are back to being able to serve ourselves at the buffet. I’m pretty sure I would have starved if this lasted much longer.

My predinner drink tonight was a Dubonnet Cocktail – dubonnet, gin and lemon. I read about this drink a while back as the favourite of the Queen (I also read that it was her pre-lunch drink, but I’m not sure I believe that) – I figured if it was good enough for the queen, it was good enough for me. I know why the Queen likes it…it tastes and looks like tea. I thought I’d have to tell the bar tender how to make
The captain, King Neptune, crossing the equator 
it, but he knew it!


After dinner there was a Latin dance party mostly for the group of passengers who have gone to Latin dance lessons on board. We haven’t gone to the lessons but have seen them as they are right before BINGO. The instructor seems super fun – his favourite this to say other than “sexy-sexy” was “Are you ready? Yes, or yes?” – hilarious. All of the participants were having a ball…it was fun just to watch them. We went to this party by accident; what I wanted to go to was the Latin band dance party where the ship’s band was playing Latin music…oh well.
2 more certificates


Any by the way…a couple of days back I
mentioned we the depth of the sea where we were was 5500 metres…I think I should mention that that is 5.5 KILOMETRES!!

1 comment:

Fitch said...

Aperol Spritz.... one of my favourites.
Had one at dinner last night!! Bingo still a daily hit?? The ship sounds fabulous with all the activities. I guess I need to cruise one of these day .