Wednesday 3 July 2024

July 3 – AT SEA, Cruising the Denmark Strait

India represented
Greenland is huge

Weather
– 7º and cloudy, I’ve been looking at the Calgary weather and I’m pretty sure I’ll be missing Greenland next week…30º!?!

Steps – 7,564

We lost the hour we gained in Greenland last night, but still made it to the gym this morning - definitely busier on a sea day, than when we are in port. Still…the gym on this boat, the Splendor, is roomier than on the Mariner, the boat we’ve been on most recently.


Lunch was a seafood extravaganza…with the requisite ice sculpture. We hopped to sit outside but things were PACKED!

hip hop gang
just for lunch
Krew Kapers was the main attraction today. This is the crew show, and is the best show all cruise on any cruise. It’s when the folks cleaning my toilet sing, and those making my meals dance and the laundry team do the YMCA. They don’t get paid to rehearse or prepare. It was and always is VERY well attended.

Dinner tonight was with a fun British couple (Suzie and Jeff) we met earlier in the cruise playing Name that Tune. After dinner we watched the show and then hit 80’s Name that Tune…we won – actually tied for first, but that’s a win to me. The piano player, Kelly from Australia, has been great. Lots of Regent piano players have been around a long time, but she is new to us.

Against my better judgment we finished the night at the disco. I keep thinking this is the last time I might hear music from the 21st century, so we had to take advantage. We were there for a good time not a long time.



No comments: