Tuesday 2 July 2024

July 2 – NOT Qaqortoq, Greenland

one last iceberg shot
Weather – 4º

Steps – 5,665

Northness – If we had made it to Qaqortoq…61º (Calgary - 51º)

I have never been much of a spa lover, I’m not much for treatments. I’m certainly happy to sit around and relax, but I prefer to do it at home or on this ship in my room, or in better weather at the pool. We still have the terrible problem of ship-board credit to spend. So, this morning I had a massage. It was fine, expensive 280USD for 75min– I sure wouldn’t have paid out

not sure I got $350 worth of restoration!

of pocket for this.

We had a wine and cheese tasting set up for later in the afternoon, so we thought a small room service lunch was a good idea…it was, even had time for a micro nap.

The wine and cheese tasting was delicious, but basic as far as learning goes. 5 cheeses paired with 5 wines. These were wines that come at an extra charge onboard, so the opportunity to try a few new wines was good. Although we drink our fair share on vacation, we rarely have a few glasses of wine in the afternoon. Today’s 3ish, made for more than a predinner micro nap.

BRET THE HITMAN HART!!!

I think I need to get my spa $ back
Every cruise director has a daily morning show, where they out line the activities for the day, and give other pertinent cruise info. They all seem to have their own shtick 
or tag line or something that sets them apart from other cruise directors. Dru Pavlov, our current cruise director is about our same vintage and is Canadian. It was great to eat dinner with him early in the cruise. He was fun to talk to, plus, in subsequent days, we’ve run into each other and can chat…discuss Canadian music after our Canada Day music trivia victory.

Anyway…part of his morning show shtick is to do a ‘guess that celebrity birthday’ based on a bit of a description. Today one of his descriptions started with was “the hitman”. That was all we needed! BRET THE HITMAN HART!!! Are you kidding? A guy from Calgary made the morning show in the middle of the north Atlantic Ocean!

The rest of the day was dinner in the main dining room, followed by a one-man rock show. The thing I’m most impressed with this cruise is the entertainment…I haven’t heard Lady in Red once!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Best there is! Woot!!!