Monday 30 September 2024

September 30 – AT SEA

Maria making my Navigator
Weather – 10º, warmer on the pool deck, but not
bar menu

warm enough even in the sun to sit out…wind speed grew as the day went on

Steps – 9,513

Latitude – Calgary 51º, at sea 48º

We moved our clocks back yet again last night. It seems as though we will be gaining an hour each night and maybe even one night will go back 2 hours before we get to Japan on Thursday.

Chris won BINGO for the second time this cruise! He had to split the pot with another person, so not as much money...but a win is a win!


Tonight’s dinner menu included the famed miso glazed sea bass. This dish is always on the menu in the specialty Asian restaurant onboard, but only once a cruise in the main dining room. I actually tried to make this at home with the ship’s recipe…it was good, but not nearly as good as onboard. Somehow the miso glaze makes the sea bass extremely moist and tender, no need for a knife, it just flakes into large, delicious chunks.

Chris and I are pretty predictable when it comes to our drink order. Chris gets an Italian Getaway – prosecco (or any kind of bubbly), grapefruit juice and Campari. I get a French 75 – champagne, gin, lemon (the ship uses sweet/sour mix which

bar menu
bar menu


sometimes makes it a bit too sweet for me) with a sugar rim. A French 75 is one of my fav cocktails, but I also like to try others. Here’s the thing…when the bartender remembers your order after the first time, you don’t with their attention to detail. Because of this, your very first drink order is extremely important! Get this one wrong and you may have to drink a crappy drink for the remainder of the cruise.

I’m kidding of course…we don’t usually

like I'm rowing in the ocean
have a second pre-dinner drink, but last night we had a late reservation, so I tried a Navigator cocktail. Regent had a cocktail named for each of its ships…the Navigator is their oldest and smallest ship it was also the first one we sailed on in 2011. The Navigator cocktail – gin, lemon, St. Germaine…yum.
dessert

The weather/sea report for tonight suggests it’s going to be another exciting one – swells of up to 8 meters.

I wished my mom a happy birthday! Her birthday is really Sept 29, but that is today where she is.

No comments: