Tuesday 1 October 2024

October 1 – AT SEA

lunch
Weather – 14º, getting warmer!!!
lunch part 2

Steps – 5,665

Latitude – Calgary 51º, at sea 46º

Another hour gained and I’m wide awake before 6. It didn’t help that I was back at the room before 9 and asleep before 11 last night.

Day 4 of 5 sea days. We’re definitely missing sitting on our balcony, or at the pool, or outside for a meal. The weather isn’t a surprise, we do plenty of research, so we knew what this crossing would be like, but we learned on the Iceland/Greenland cruise, that sea days get looooong when we can’t be outside. We would be doing the exact same things we are doing now, just outside…it’s different.

coffee connection menu

The ship is lovely, and the service couldn’t be better. I’m never not greeted with a hello, madam, or a good morning, ma’am. Actually, last night Juan, our server, referred to me as ‘sir’ which he and I had a good laugh over. Speaking of Juan…last night was the second time he served us dinner. He is a lovely guy from The
social media ads

Philippines. All the workers work their tails off, but with Juan it’s particularly obvious…he had some serious forehead sweat going on both nights! My meal came and there was a side of sautéed spinach. I told Juan I didn’t order that, but he
said he thought I’d like it, so he added it for me. Of
anything you could serve me that I actually wouldn’t love, it’s any cooked greens, but I was so touched I ate them…most of them anyway.

I’m sure the staff has good and bad days, just like everyone else, but they sure don’t show it…always a smile on their faces.

playing Stevie Wonder

Another of the ship’s crew…Joy who served us the night before in the Asian restaurant and then the next day at the coffee place told me “No ma’am, don’t use the machine for hot chocolate, get Maria (who made my Navigator the day before) to make it for you, much better.” Of

more ads

course she was right, she tracked us down us to make sure it was in fact better.

I can tell we’re getting close to Japan as my social media ads are in Japanese.

Despite the still chilly air, we spent the morning at the pool – under the heat lamps reading with a tea, eventually with a cocktail, looking out at the sea. It was almost as good as if we were sitting in the sun.

Tonight was the ship’s 7 piece group playing a Stevie Wonder set after the show.

ads

No comments: