Saturday 21 July 2012

Ibiza, Spain - July 20

<><><><>
Ibiza landscape
29 degrees and humid


This morning we are up for an 8:30 tour of the south part of Ibiza island.  Although we have been to Ibiza in 2006 I didn’t realize that the island and town are both called Ibiza.  The island has enough mountains that we are frequently high enough to see both sides of the island from the highway – it is 8 miles across and 25 miles in length.  When we were here the first time we toured the town of Ibiza, so this time we chose something different - honestly, there isn’t much to this tour which is a bit disappointing.  We visit salt fields, a couple of towns, a world heritage site (from the time of the Phoenicians) and head back. 

<><> <><>
Street Strongbow
Ibiza is certainly filled with tanned, mostly slim white (very few non-white – meaning NONE) young people.  And by young I mean less than half my age (or had you made that leap?)  The phrase `no shirt, no, shoes, no service` does not apply here!  There are bunches of people eating at various restaurants without shoes or shirts or pants or…you name it…basically they aren’t wearing them.  
We also see (drive by and don’t visit) the original disco of the island.  It holds 10 thousand people and costs 70 € (90.00ish) to get in.  I assume that includes booze, but we weren’t given details.
Probably the highlight was my street Strongbow!  Although I’ve drank many of those, I’ve never bought one in a corner store, walked down the street with it and finished it on a bus – ahhhhh Europe.

We are back on board by lunch and spend the rest of the day lounging, napping, doing laundry.  Tomorrow is a sea day, so we are in bed late.  Before I got to sleep I spend a little time on our deck/balcony/veranda as I love to do before I go to sleep (or at any time of the day really.)  Tonight it is pouring – the rain is wonderful…although I get drenched, I LOVE it.

No comments: