Wednesday 24 July 2019

Calgary to Nice via London – July 23


interesting British beer on the plane - I preferred the right one

Over-night flights are never on the top of my ‘fun’ list, but collecting travel points all year pays off when a push of a button stretches my seat out to a ‘bed’. This bed that I speak of is nothing like a bed, but…it does let me stretch out, so that my ‘old-lady’ back doesn’t refuse to move when I have to get moving once we hit the ground.
more interesting beer...French welcome beer
So, the Fitbit tells me I got a grand total of 2 hrs and 5 min sleep during the flight-I’ve had longer naps! I didn’t even try to sleep until well into the flight, dinner and a movie and a few drinks later and I was out…by the time I woke up, it was time for breakfast and then landing. London is 30 degrees and although I didn’t step foot out of the airport, I am in a lather from the heat and humidity inside! Apparently it’ll be 37 here tomorrow! Might be hotter than Nice.
We got a bit screwed going through customs in London…we somehow got shuffled to the line for people staying in London rather than travelling through. Although I showed my boarding pass to a worker, all she saw was my passport and told me to go where I really shouldn’t have been. So…we had to go out and all the way back I through security. We would have had to go through security anyway, but not in this round about way. No big deal, when you have plenty of time, which we had.
An airport shower, a couple of glasses of wine, and a snack and I am feeling refreshed!
By the time we got to the hotel it was about 10:30, so we decided to relax with our ‘welcome drink’, do a bit of unpacking and call it a night.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Did you have a sleeper ? Lucky you!!!